Seafood Handling Tips
- Always wash hands thoroughly with hot soapy water before and after handling raw seafood and meat.
- Before cooking, rinse seafood and meat under cold water.
- Always marinade seafood and meat in the refrigerator. Discard used marinade
- Keep raw and cooked seafood and meat separate and use separate utensils, platters and cutting boards.
- Wash knives, cutting surfaces, sponges, and hands that contact raw food.
- Always refrigerate leftovers immediately.
- If you are in doubt about your food, throw it out!