Don’t throw those lobster shells away, they make great a lobster chowder recipe. Red bliss potatoes make this recipe truly New England. If you don’t have lobster shells, shrimp shells work just as good.
Don’t have time to make your own lobster chowder? Order a real good chowders and stews direct from LobsterAnywhere. Love that Chowdah!!!
Serves: 4 People Equipment: Soup Pot Prep time: 2h Cook Time: 1h
- Lobster shells from the lobster bake recipe
- 2 Cups Red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 Cup Onions, diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato paste
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Combine lobster shells and water in pot. Simmer 1 hour, uncovered. Strain and save liquid. Discard lobster shells.
- In a soup pot melt butter. Add garlic and onion and cook slowly. Add celery and cook one minute. Add tomato paste. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and flour. Cook 2 minutes on low heat.
- Slowly add reserved lobster liquid while stirring. Add salt and pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender. About 45 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and any lobster meat you have left over from the lobster bake.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.