Equipment: Large Pot
Prep time: 10 m
Cook Time: 6 m
Recipe for New England Steamer Clams
No lobster dinner is complete without New England steamers. Maine soft-shell clams are the best for steaming. There is nothing like a big -bowlful of steamers and an ice cold beer!
- 5 lbs. Steamer Clams
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Pounds Butter
- In small saucepan melt butter. Set aside.
- In large soup pot or stockpot bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add steamer clams. Cover pot and steam just until clams open.
- Pour the steamed clams into a large bowl. Reserve the broth and place in a separate bowl.
- To eat the clams dip in the clam broth then in the melted butter. Eat the bellies and necks.