Nothing better than baked sea scallops for a true New England treat. This recipe is from a good friend from York Beach, Maine. Large sea scallops work great for this recipe. Make sure you ask for fresh, dry scallops. There are no additives in dry scallops like those commonly found in store bought scallops–so they retain their sweet flavor and don’t shrink when cooked.
Baked Sea Scallops Recipe
- 1 1/2 C. bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C. melted butter
- Paprika to taste
- 2 lbs. fresh, dry sea scallops
- Mix together bread crumbs, mustard, salt, cayenne pepper,Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Roll scallops in butter, then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place prepared scallops in baking dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake a 350 (preheated oven) for 1/2 hour.