Summer is finally here- thank goodness. There’s nothing better than relaxing in the sunshine and enjoying some delicious seafood! So get outside and enjoy some good company and good food. Our friends at the Ogunquit Beach Inn provided us with this great lobster roll recipe. Legendary amongst their family and friends, we think you’ll enjoy this lobster roll too!
Secret to Great Tasting Lobster Rolls
It all starts with fresh caught Maine lobsters. Boil several lobsters, then let them cool. Crack open the lobsters and use the best meat: tail and claws. Don’t forget the knuckles for our lobster rolls, it’s the sweetest part part of the lobstah!
Here is what you will need:
- 5 or 6 lobsters
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Hellmann’s or Cains mayonnaise
- 2 sticks of celery chopped finely
- 2 dashes of sea salt or kosher salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 dash of paprika
- New England style hot dog rolls
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Mix all ingredients, except the butter and hot dog rolls; keep chilled until ready to use.
2. Brush unsalted butter on each side of hot dog roll and grill in pan or on barbecue.
3. Split the hot dog rolls (but not all the way through the bread) and fill with the lobster mix.
Serve with chips, pickle slice and coleslaw. Best to enjoy outside on a beautiful day!
The Ogunquit Beach Inn, a B&B located in Ogunquit village. Walk to the beach, Marginal Way, nightlife and dining. Charming craftsman styled inn with all private baths, Queen or King beds, Flat screen TV, A/C & Wifi. Ogunquit is known for its incredible beaches, breathtaking views on the Marginal Way, exciting nightlife and world famous dining.
The Ogunquit Beach Inn is in one of the best locations- there is no need to drive, just park your car and walk everywhere. Awake to the smell of hot coffee, and our famous blueberry Muffins. Phone us for availability, and visit our blog, Life in Ogunquit Maine! Walk to world famous restaurants and enjoy award winning lobster recipes!
Ogunquit Beach Inn 67 School Street, Ogunquit, ME 03907, 207.646.1112
To further hone your lobster roll technique, check out our article on how to make the perfect lobster roll. And if you’d like to have a fresh Maine lobster roll shipped to your home by lunchtime tomorrow, take a look at our lobster roll kit!