Make this baked stuffed lobster recipe for someone special tonight. Go overboard with fresh scallops and shrimp for a seafood dinner to remember. Old Bay Seasoning makes the stuffing.
- Cubed White Bread: about 6 slices
- Breadcrumbs: ½ cup
- Onion, diced : ½ cup
- Garlic, minced: ½ tsp.
- Parsley, fresh or dry (chopped): ½ tsp.
- Bay Scallops: 6 each
- Medium Shrimp cut in chunks: 4 each
- Butter: ¼ lb. (1 stick)
- Water: ½ cup
- Old Bay Seasoning: ¼ tsp.
- Salt: ¼ tsp.
- Pepper: ¼ tsp.
- Lemon Juice: ¼ tsp.
Method for Lobster Stuffing
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook slowly. Add shrimp chunks and scallops. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mixture should form into stuffing.
Baked Stuffed Lobster
- Cut lobster lengthwise but don’t cut all the way through. Remove intestine, (orange material). The lobster is normally still alive at this point. If you choose to you can place the lobster in fresh water for 15 minutes.This will humanly kill the lobster and then you can begin to cut it in half.
- Pack stuffing into length of lobster. Drizzle stuffed lobster with melted butter.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees until the lobster turns red and stuffing is golden brown. About 15 – 20 minutes.
How about something sweet from New England? Whoopie Pies make your lobster dinner even sweeter!