Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Mmmm…lobster grilled cheese recipe. This cheesy creation is a nice twist on a classic grilled cheese sandwich, but with fresh lobster as the “Maine” ingredient. Remember, just like a great lobster roll, it’s the lobster meat that makes a great lobster grilled cheese.
If you’re a grilled cheese fan, this recipe will become your absolute favorite. Not only does it add lobster into the mix, but it also adds an assortment of cheeses such as Gruyere, Swiss, and American cheese. After all, if you are adding lobster to this panini, you will want to have the most delicious cheeses to compliment each bite. It is a bit big compared to other seafood and lobster appetizers on the list, but that just encourages you to share yours with a loved one.
What Kind of Cheese for Your Lobster Grilled Cheese Sandwich?
Pick mild cheeses as you want to complement the sweet, buttery flavor of the lobster, not over power its flavor. We use Gruyere, Swiss, and American cheeses in our recipe. Also try a mascarpone, provolone, or even mozzarella cheeses. What is nice about a panini maker is it makes the sandwich nice and crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.
Lobster Grilled Cheese FAQ
Both a grilled cheese and a grilled panini are both toasted sandwiches. The biggest difference is that a grilled panini uses a panini press to flatten down the sandwich.
You can use your favorite, but we caution to stay away from strong cheeses as not to overpower the sweet flavor of the lobster meat.
A panini press is nice to have, but you can always use a heavy skillet or a burger press (used for smash burgers) to press your sandwich.
Free shippingLobster RollsFrom $188.95
Lobster Grilled Cheese Panini
Say Cheese! For more cheeses that go great with lobster see our cheese guide for our Lobster Mac N’ Cheese! Equipment: non-stick skillet or a panini press, spatula
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Lobster Panini Sandwiches
- 1/2 lbs. of Gruyere cheese sliced thin or shredded
- 1/2 lb. of mild, Swiss cheese sliced thin or shredded
- 1/2 lb. of white, American cheese sliced thin or shredded
- Loaf of sliced Italian Scali or a rustic white bread
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 lbs. of fresh lobster claw and knuckle meat, depending on your budget.
- 1 stick of butter (We love the butter from the Casco Bay Butter Company).
- Mix your lobster meat in 2 tbs. of mayonnaise (Use just enough mayonnaise for a light glaze), add a pinch of pepper, and a twist of fresh lemon. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Heat your grill pan or panini maker to medium heat and coat with butter.
- Generously butter the outside of each bread half and place equal amounts (1/2 slice each) of your cheeses on each half of your bread. Alternatively, add your mixed grated cheese to your bread halves.
- Spoon in 3-4 oz. of lobster meat inside your bread.
- Grill each side of your lobster grilled cheese for 3-4 minutes on a buttered pan until lightly brown and flip if using a pan.
- Serve whole sandwiches or slice, diagonally in halves. Serve hot off the press with potato chips, fries or a dill pickle.
Pro Tip: Grated cheese will melt more evenly than thick cheese slices and make a cheesier, gooey spread! Mix all three grated cheese in a bowl and place on your bread halves.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: https://lobsteranywhere.com/shop/lobster-meat/
Keywords: grilled cheese sandwich, lobster grilled cheese, grilled cheese panini. lobster panini
The lobster grilled cheese recipe is so good! Perfect with the 3 recommended cheeses.