Here’s one of the best lobster salad recipe from New England. Reel in this recipe made with fresh picked lobster meat and the perfect lobster salad dressing. The dressing is light and refreshing and the salad has a stunning presentation.
This lobster salad recipe was inspired by a salad served at Picasso’s restaurant in the Bellagio by Chef Julian Serrano. The lobster and the dressing can be made the day prior, just bring the dressing up to room temperature and whisk again before serving.
Special thanks to our friend Rhonda Atkins, chef and photographer extraordinaire, for making the best lobster salad recipe on either coast!
- 1 pound lobster meat ( about four 1 1/4 lb. live Maine lobsters)
- 1/4 cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh cantaloupe & honeydew melon, made into small melon balls and some thinly sliced in a diamond shape (if desired)
- 1 cup mixed baby or microgreens
- Fleur de sel*
- Cook lobster in boiling water for 5 minutes or until done, remove from water and chill in a bowl of ice water.
- To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, oils and salt and pepper to taste. You’ll have plenty of dressing leftover for another use.
- Shell the lobster and tear or cut into large chunks. Place a ring mold on a plate, centered, and firmly press half the lobster in the mold, gently lift mold. Drizzle some dressing over the top. Repeat with second plate.
- In a small bowl toss the green with some dressing, place on top of each lobster salad. Garnish each plate with 3 tomato halves, a few melon balls and sliced melon. Drizzle a little dressing around the plate. Finish with a little fleur de sel if desired.
Tip: purchase already cut up mixed melon at the grocery store to save time.
Shop Lobster Meat
Free shippingFresh Lobster Tail MeatFrom $119.95
Lobster MeatFrom $49.00