Fresh Lobster Tail Meat
Who doesn’t love fresh lobster tail meat without the work? No shells, no crackers required! Maine Lobster Tail meat is shucked whole of out the shell.
Buy lobster tail meat out-of-the shell, ready to cook and enjoy! No crackers or kitchen sheers needed! We shell only the freshest cold-water lobster tails so you enjoy the sweet rewards. Lobster tail meat is completely de-shelled, cleaned and removed in one whole piece from the shell. No need to deal with the mess of cooking and shucking live lobsters. It’s a much better deal than buying tails in the shell since you receive all meat.
How Many Lobster Tails Per Pound?
Shelled Maine lobster tails weigh 3-4 oz each. The is equivalent to the tail meat from a 6-7 oz. lobster tail in the shell.
- You receive five shelled lobster tails per pound.
- Tails are packed in 1 lb. trays
- Order 2 lbs. and receive two (1 lb.) trays.
- Order 4 lbs. and receive four (1 lb.) trays.
Handling and Care
- Tails can be kept frozen in original packaging for up to 6 months.
- Tails are fresh-frozen so order now and stick in your freezer.
- Defrosted tails can keep refrigerated for up to two days.
High Pressure Process (HPP)
Tail meat does not come any fresher, sweeter or easier! Tails are uncooked, and raw with no shell, all tail meat!).
Raw shucked Maine lobster tail meat is produced using a state-of-the-art processing technology called UHP. High pressure extracts the meat from the shell and leaves the tender texture and delicate flavor of the tail meat intact. Lobster tails are vacuum packed and cryogenically frozen in a CO2 freezing tunnel at -80C to -90C for optimal freshness.
Our hand shucked lobster tails are more convenient because we do the shucking for you. And since they are fresh frozen you can prepare them anytime.
Slow defrost tails overnight in the refrigerator before cooking. Cook before consuming. DO NOT overcook. Simply thaw tails and either steam, butter poach or try roasting them in the oven. Serve with lemon slices and fresh drawn butter.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large pot or deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Place a steamer basket over water and add defrosted tails.
- Cover and steam 5 to 6 minutes until meat is just opaque.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place thawed lobster tails on a sheet pan or baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil, butter or your favorite marinade.
- Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring 2-3 tbs. of water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Whisk in 1 tbs. butter when butter melts add another piece. Continuing adding butter pieces— 1 cup or two sticks total. (Do not let the butter come to a boil, or the butter will separate.)
- Add defrosted tails. Poach for 3-4 minutes and turn tails in butter mixture and poach for another 3-4 minutes.
Our shucked lobster tails make a beautiful presentation. Use our tail meat for over-the-top lobster rolls, or slice into medallions to top a salad, pasta dish, or your signature lobster dish, like Lobster Fra Diavolo. Add a filet mignon or New York strip steaks for the perfect surf and turf!
See our recipe for butter poached lobster.
Tails and scallops were awesome. Had my son and his girlfriend over for a seafood feast ,they were very impressed!!
We ordered 5 lobster tails and shared with friends. We all loved them, they paired well with filets for surf and turf.
[email protected] excellent
Scallops are enormous and lobster is so delicious. But I’m really missing your Key Lime Pie! Hoping you will get in some more. They are scrumptious!
Delicious! 2nd time we have ordered from you. We live in Vegas and pay the extra $ for am delivery. Still frozen solid. Our FedEx guy is jealous!