Italian baked lobster is a classic seafood recipe. For those who enjoy Italian cuisine, (and who does not), here is a new twist on baked lobster featuring a nice tomato based sauce. Serve your baked lobster dinner with your favorite angel hair pasta or linguine. And don’t forget your crusty bread. Buon appetito!
Makes 4 servings.
Italian Baked Lobster Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled onions
- 1 No. 2 1/2 can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Red pepper
- 2 live lobsters 1 1/2 to 2 pounds each.
or 2 lobster tails 8-10 oz. each.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add garlic and onion; cook 5 minutes but do not brown. Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, and a pinch of red pepper. Simmer 20 minutes or until it thickens. Press through a sieve. Correct seasoning.
- To kill lobsters insert a sharp knife where the tail and body shell comes together, cutting the spinal cord. Then turn lobster on its back; split from head to tail. Remove the small sac in back of the head and black vein in the body. Crack the claws.
- Spread the 2 lobsters flat in a baking dish.
Preheat over to hot (425 F); pour sauce over lobsters. Bake 15-20 minutes.