Lobster Pie is one of the most cherished seafood dishes in New England. For the unitiated landlubbers and out-of-towners, easy lobster pie recipe is a decadent dish made with fresh picked lobster meat baked under a buttery crust of cracker crumbs.
The best lobster pie starts with fresh lobster meat. We suggest par cooked lobster meat so your lobster pie meat bakes up tender, not tough. Purchase four to six 1 1/4 lb. live lobsters. Gently steam your lobsters for about 4-6 minutes (your cooking your lobsters only half way) and shuck the lobster meat. If you have no access to live lobster, you can use high quality frozen lobster meat.
Lobster Pie Ingredients
- 1 lb. par boiled or thawed lobster meat
- ½ cup Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- ¼ cup Oyster crackers, coarsely crushed
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and extra for the topping
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Tbsp parsley
How to Make a Traditional Lobster Pie
- Mix crushed Ritz and oyster crackers together
- Melt butter and add black pepper and sherry.
- Blend this mixture well with the crackers.
- Preheat oven to 350º .
- Place lobster in a casserole dish and top with cracker mixture.
- Drizzle remaining butter on top and bake at 350º F for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and parsley!
Love lobster pie? Make your own at home with our fresh lobster meat! Nothing could be simpler, and nothing could taste better. Don’t worry, they won’t bite!