Indulge in the flavors of the sea with this quick and easy lobster taco recipe. Elevate your taco game by swapping out the usual proteins and bringing succulent lobster meat into the spotlight. These tacos are perfect for any day of the week, offering a taste of sunshine and summertime with every bite.
- 4 lobster tails
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup red guajillo chile sauce (such as Herdez®)
- 1 tomato, diced, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 430
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 850mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 43g
- Dietary Fibre: 6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 31g
- Grill pan
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut lobster tails in half lengthwise along the spine. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Grill until slightly charred and shells are bright in color, about 5 minutes. Remove lobster meat from the shells and chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, combine chile sauce, half of the diced tomato, and green onions. Mix in the chopped lobster meat.
- Divide Colby-Monterey Jack cheese evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with some of the lobster mixture.
- Fold the tacos over and grill until the cheese melts and tortillas are lightly charred, about 1 minute per side.
- Garnish with remaining tomato, avocado slices, and shredded lettuce.
The Best Sauces for Lobster Tacos
To enhance the flavor of your lobster tacos, consider these delicious sauce options. A creamy crema adds a velvety richness, while aioli infuses a burst of savory garlic flavor.
If you’re looking for a zesty and tangy twist, cilantro-lime crema is an excellent choice. For those who crave some heat, hot sauce can provide the perfect spicy kick.
Alternatively, a squeeze of fresh lime juice can brighten up the flavors with a citrusy note. And, of course, there’s the timeless appeal of guacamole, a creamy, avocado-based classic that pairs wonderfully with lobster.
How to Add a Little Kick to Your Seafood Tacos
If you’re aiming to spice up your lobster tacos, these toppings can do the trick. Sliced jalapeños bring a fiery heat, while pickled onions offer a tangy and crunchy contrast.
For a burst of freshness and mild onion flavor, cilantro, chives, or green onions are excellent choices. To balance the sweetness of lobster with a touch of bitterness, consider adding radishes to your taco toppings.
How Do You Make Lobster Meat Tender?
To ensure tender lobster meat for your tacos, you have several options to choose from. You can opt for cooking whole lobsters, providing you with an authentic taste of the sea.
Tails are another fantastic choice; they cook quickly and are easy to cut into taco-sized chunks.
Alternatively, claw and knuckle meat offer perfectly portioned morsels that are ideal for filling tortillas.
What Goes Well with Lobster Tacos?
To complement your lobster tacos, these delicious sides are excellent choices. For a Tex-Mex theme, serve them alongside rice and beans, adding depth and heartiness to your meal.
Grilled corn on the cob brings smoky and sweet flavors, making it a delightful side dish. A crisp, crunchy slaw can provide freshness and texture, balancing the richness of the tacos.
Homemade pico de gallo is a classic accompaniment, delivering vibrant flavors and a hint of acidity.
And for those looking to elevate the occasion, prepare a big bowl of guacamole and a pitcher of margaritas to turn any night into a festive event.
With this lobster taco recipe, you’re all set to enjoy a delightful and flavorful twist on traditional tacos, perfect for any occasion.