Red potatoes make this a New England chowder a favorite. Rhode Island’s chowder features the same delicious blend of and vegetables, but it is served in a clear broth.
Our hearty red bliss potato chowder is a great starter for a New England boiled lobster dinner.
- Steamer 1-1/2 lbs.
- Onion, diced 1 cup
- Garlic, chopped 1 TBS
- Red Potatoes, chunked about 5
- Heavy Cream 1/2 quart
- Water 1/2 quart
- Flour 1 TBS
- Bacon, diced 2 strips
- Celery, diced 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tsp.
1. In large soup pot add water and salt. Steam until they just open.
2. Remove from shells and chop. Reserved the liquid.
3. In medium soup pot add diced bacon. until crisp.
4. Add celery, onion, and garlic. until tender.
5. Add diced red potatoes and flour. for 3 minutes
6. Add reserved juice, (no sand!), and . Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender.
7. Serve with oyster crackers.