You’ll need an outdoor gas grill for this do-it-yourself backyard clambake. A touch of seaweed really adds flavor to the taste of fresh seafood. This backyard clambake recipe uses your barbecue grill and fresh lobsters, shrimp, clams and mussels to make one heck of a shore dinner anytime of year!
Backyard Clambake Menu
Seaweed: about 2 lbs.
Lobsters: (4) 1 ¼ lb. to 1 ½ lb.
Steamer Clams: 1 ½ lbs.
Mussels: 1 ½ lbs.
Jumbo raw shrimp: 16 each
Lemon Slices:10 slices
Water: 1 cup
Melted butter: 1 cup (two sticks)
Large Baking Sheet
- Place cookie sheet on the grill. Add the water. Spread ½ the seaweed on the cookie sheet.
- Place lobster, clams, mussels and shrimp on top of the seaweed.
- Slice the lemon thin. Sprinkle the lemon slices over the fish.
- Cover with the rest of the seaweed.
- Turn grill on low and close the cover.
- Clambake on the grill should be done in about 15 – 20 minutes or when the clams and mussels are open. Serve with the melted butter.
Did you put your grill away for the season? Lobster can be enjoyed any time of year! Here’s another easy lobster bake recipe using a big pot on your stove.